LightAPRS-W 2.0 is an affordable, smallest, lightest, powerful and open source APRS tracker with WSPR. It makes tracking pico balloons simple and easy. It is able to report location, altitude, temperature and pressure to the internet ([APRS-IS](http://status.aprs2.net)) or direct to an amateur radio once a minute with a solar panel/super capacitors or just 4xAAA batteries. Because LightAPRS-W is open source you can add your own custom sensors via I2C/SPI pins.
NOTE: This is 2.0 of the WSPR version of the LightAPRS tracker. If you want the APRS-only version, please see http://qrp-labs.com/lightaprs
Information, source code
Official information and source code is on GITHUB: https://github.com/lightaprs/LightAPRS-W-2.0
- Ready-assembled PCB: all components are SMD and already soldered
- Open Source: Software is open. You can easily modify the source code. The source code is shared via GitHub
- Arduino Compatible MCU: Since MCU is Arduino compatible, you can use Arduino IDE and libraries to program LightAPRS-W 2.0.
- Extendable: Using I2C and SPI pins you can add extra sensors ( and their libraries) to LightAPRS-W 2.0 and programme it as you wish.
- 100 mWatt Radio: 100 mWatt is optimum for airborne projects.
- 10 mWatt HF Radio: Si5351A clock generator, Si5351 Arduino library and Etherkit JTEncode library generates a set of channel symbols for WSPR based on the user providing a callsign, Maidenhead grid locator, and power output for WSPR.
- High Quality GPS: No need to comment :) Ublox is one of the best GPS manufacturers.
- Price: LightAPRS-W 2.0 is more affordable (140$) than any other APRS+WSPR tracker
- Software : Open Source
- Weight : 4.61 grams
- Dimensions : 32 mm x 55 mm
- IDE : Arduino
- Platform : ARM Cortex-M0 (Arduino M0)
- MCU : ATSAMD21G18
- Flash : 256 KB
- Ram : 32 kB
- Operating Frequency : 48 Mhz
- Operating Voltage : 3.3 Volt
- Input Voltage : 2.7 (min) - 16 (max) Volt via USB or VBat pin (Buck-Boost regulator with power good)
- Sensor : BMP180 (pressure and temperature)
- VHF Radio Module : Si4463 (included)
- VHF Radio Operating Frequency : 144-146 MHz (configurable by code)
- VHF Low Pass Filter : Available (7 elements)
- VHF Radio Power : 100 mW (max) (configurable by software)
- VHF Power Consumption (TX) : ~55 mA (100 mW)
- HF Radio Module : Si5351A-B-GT (included)
- HF Radio Operating Frequency : 2.5kHz - 200Mhz (configurable by code)
- HF Low Pass Filter : No
- HF Radio Power : ~10mW
- CPU Power Consumption (Idle) : ~7 mA
- GPS : Ublox MAX-M8Q (GPS-GLONASS)
- GPS Antenna Gain : 4.3 dBi
- Extended Pins : I2C, SPI, 2x Analog